Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Week 1, Day 2 #BigGirlsDoItRunning

Day 2 of #BigGirlsDoItRunning

If you read my last post you'll know I embarked on Jasinda Wilder's path to getting healthy.  You can read about it here.  <--  Click the here.


Anyways, I'm going to recap the remainder of Day 1 before moving on to day 2....

Lunch I had a salad with a few chunks of chicken breast that was seasoned with fajita seasoning.  She (Jasinda) talks about salad dressings, but honestly right now, if I'm going to eat salad and enjoy it, I will eat the dressing that I enjoy.  At least that is my thinking for now.  I don't want to loathe eating and she doesn't want you too either.  So I grabbed my favorite Ranch dressing and applied is sparingly.  I didn't drown it like I'd usually do so that's a plus in my book.  I also had a Nature Valley bar, the peanut one.  It's not an official protein bar, but it tastes yummy and just gave me a little more to fill my tummy.

Dinner we had fiesta bowls.



We had brown rice instead of the quinoa.  That's what I had in the house so that's what we had.  I'm not trying to drain my bank account getting a ton of specialty stuff just yet.

At night I was craving something sweet and I should have just downed the water, but I didn't and grabbed a Diet Coke.  Yes I know, bad me.  Sue me.  It was the only one I had for the day.  

Throughout the day I drank water like it was going out of style.  I can't tell you how many glasses I drank.  Every time I felt hungry I drank.  If it was alcohol I'd be dead I'm sure.  However, I don't mind drinking water, it just has to be ice cold.  Warm water makes me gag.

One other thing that I did last night was go on a walk.  You're probably thinking, oh nice, you did a casual once around the neighborhood...  No, I strapped up my shoes, got my music on and hustled my fat ass down every side street and circle in my neighborhood.  I'm happy to report I didn't die.  Not that I usually do but I felt really good while I was doing it.  I know I need new shoes though, but that's the least of my problems right now.  Here's my recap of my walk!!



Yes you are reading that right...  3.84 miles!  I'd love to do it again today, but I have dance class.  Yes, don't laugh.  I'm a fat girl that dances and I'm proud of it.  I take tap, but more about that tomorrow.

What I love most about my walks is the alone time.  It's me and the music and nature.  Yes, I occasionally run into a fellow walker and have to do the obligatory nod or wave, but most of the time it's just me.  The kids aren't there and normally the hubby isn't either.  He either runs in the morning or stays back with the kids.  We're able to walk together sometimes if we can get the neighbor to watch the kids.  They're too young to stay home by themselves yet.

Last night, I had a lot of nature sites.  Bunnies, squirrels, dogs, and


Last night grazing by the lake was this mom and dad and their 2 babies.  I had to stop and take a few pictures and just watch them.  They were magnificent.  Even though I slowed down for a bit after that stop, I quickly picked up the pace and kept right on going.  

Anyways, I made it through day 1.  I wasn't hungry.  I was exhausted and sore, but that's nothing new.  On to day 2.  


So that brings me to the morning of Day 2.  

Weigh in this morning:
248.2
(I know this will fluctuate throughout the week, but I snuck a look at the weeks ahead and Jasinda said to weigh every day and make a note. I'm just implementing it earlier.)

Reminder of the weekly challenge:
No sugar at breakfast.  Focus on protein-rich foods.  Completely cut out all sugar before noon.  

Again for breakfast hubby made eggs with green peppers and green onions.  I had my water for a drink.  I'm not a coffee person so I at least don't have to worry about a coffee detox.  

Now I'm sitting at my desk at work writing this.  I'm tired but didn't feel as though I was going to fall asleep on the way to work like I usually do.  I guess that's a plus.  It's only day 2 though so I can't imagine it has anything to do with the my actions yesterday.  

Well, I'm off to do real work now...  but before I do, I should mention that I've been "trying" to lose weight since January and it's not May...  I started out at 265 and my lowest was 243.5, but as you can see with my first weigh in, I had already started to gain weight back...  So, yes, I don't drink Soda like I did at the end of the year, I already did that detox and usually only have 1 a day if that...  

Just in case you didn't get the book yet that all this is based off of....

(Please note, the price shown is for the hardback, the ebook is $5.99.  Don't panic!)





Oh and just because I should self promote, grab my books while you're on Amazon:






(These prices are showing the paperbacks.  They are available in Kindle versions for 99 cents!)

No comments:

Post a Comment