Pages

Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 1, Day 1 #BigGirlsDoItRunning

Today I embark on the the #WilderWay.  If you haven't heard of it, you need to check this out!

Jasinda Wilder has written a book entitled, Big Girls Do It Running, that is claimed to be the end all to dieting and THE way to get healthy and lose weight while you can continue to eat chocolate and drink wine.

A week ago, I purchased the book from amazon. (Please note, the price shown is for the hardback, the ebook is $5.99.  Don't panic!)




I dove right into the book.  I was going to do this, I was going to get healthy.  I was going to lose the weight.  Jasinda had all the answers.

I got to chapter 10 and I put the book down and cried.  I couldn't do this.  I'm picky when it comes to eating.  I want to throw up at all the things she was suggesting eating.

I didn't pick the book up for 3 days after that.  Commence binge eating.

Not only did I feel like shit because the book that was supposed to be answering all my questions made me feel worse, but then I ate everything in site and nothing good for me.

After I got it out of my system, I began reading again.  I'm not sure why I decided to pick it back up but I'm glad I did.  Honestly, I scanned it.  I couldn't read word for word because I was afraid that I was going to feel overwhelmed again.

Something changed in me when I got to part 4 of the book.  This I could do.  What was it that changed my mind?

*Copyright Big Girls Do It Running, Jasinda Wilder.*

Yes, I know the first 3 parts of the book are supposed to get you prepared for this challenge, but honestly, for me it just stressed me out and set me back before I could even start.  Thankfully, I pushed through.

In this part, Jasinda lays out what you need to do each week.  Every one adds something manageable to the table while working on what you've started the week before.  Now, you could just read the week you are on and be fine in my opinion, but when you get toward the end of the week, you should read ahead to the next challenge so you know what you need to shop for at the store!

So that brings me back to today, Day 1 of Week 1 of the 8 week challenge.

Week 1:  The challenge:  
First part:
No sugar at breakfast.  Focus on protein-rich foods.  Completely cut out all sugar before noon.

Okay, I can do that.  We (Hubs & I) are going to kick this challenge's ass.  

Jasinda gives suggestions on things you can eat and guess what...  They are things I'll eat!  So, here's my day 1 breakfast:

Eggs, scrambled with green peppers and green onions mixed in.  

Now, if you're thinking like my hubby you are probably saying eggs every morning?  I might get sick of that.  Don't worry, she has other things suggested and you'll see me adding those in throughout the weeks.  

Second Part:
Sign up for a 5k.  

Well, I haven't done this yet.  I will.  Promise.


So here's my stats for the beginning of this life change:
Weight: 250.9



Sue me, I forgot to take a picture before I started getting dressed. 


Onward to day two!



No comments:

Post a Comment