Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

#TeaserTuesday - Chapter 3 - Give Me All of You - Jake & Beth's Story

Give Me All of You
Black Hollywood Series, Book 3
Beth & Jake's Story

COMING March 2015
Add it to your goodreads TBR list NOW!  
https://www.goodreads.com/…/show/22513847-give-me-all-of-you


Every other Tuesday starting January 5th I will release a chapter to my upcoming book, Give Me All of You, until it releases in March!  So stay tuned!  

Did you miss Chapter 1 & 2?  
Chapter 1 
Chapter 2


So, without further ado....  
*Chapter is unedited and subject to change prior to publication.  Copyright 2015 by FL Jacob*



Chapter 3
BETH

I startle awake.  My breath is heavy and I’m in a cold sweat.  That damn dream again.  The baby screaming, arms flailing, reaching out to me.  I can’t take it. 

Looking next to me, Jake shifts and turns away from me falling back into his easy sleep pattern.  I feel the pang in my chest.  I've kept my secret from him this long.  I didn't let it get this far without telling him.  I truly didn't.  It just happened.  He will never forgive me if I tell him now.  I wouldn't if he sprung something on me like this.  Can I blame him?  Can I risk losing him?  He’s gotten too attached—Fuck, who am I kidding, I’ve gotten too attached to him.  Why did I let it get this far?  I cradle my head in my hands as the first pangs of a migraine from my spinning thoughts ring through my head.

Sliding out of the bed I grab Jake’s shirt from the floor.  I make my way out the door heading to the cramped living area.  It would be nice to get a bigger place.  I push my arms through his undershirt as I pass the table where I had set my purse on the way to get a drink of water and some aspirin.  I hear the unmistakable buzz coming from it.  I pull it out and look at the screen.

Sis- I need you to come get me.

Sighing, I slide into the chair at the table and run my hand into my hair.  What has he gotten into now?

Where are you?

I set my phone down and walk back into the room quietly to grab clothes so I can go get him.  Checking the clock it shines one in the morning.  Damn, a school night too.  Since my parents divorced my dad has been non-existent in our lives and my mom blames us, well mostly me, for the split so Maxx has grown up without any real guidance.

Making my way to my car I slide in to the cold leather seat and pull out on the darkened street.  The thoughts of the night Maxx was born will haunt me forever.

Pulling up outside an all too familiar house in town, I unlock the doors and wait for Maxx.  It doesn't take long before he unlocks his mouth from some skank he is playing tonsil hockey with and gets into my car. 

He looks so much like me, blonde hair with crystal blue eyes.  A real lady killer, already, damn I’m in trouble with him.  He leans over and kisses my cheek.  “Hey, sis.  Thanks for picking me up.”

I could get drunk off the fumes coming off him.  Looking over at him, he has the biggest grin on his face.  Maxx always looked up to me.  He was thirteen years younger than me.  “You know I told you to call me anytime.  I want you to always be safe.”  A small smile graces my face as I touch his cheek. 

“I can’t believe the Miller’s are still hosting parties for their kids like this.” I say as I pull out onto the street heading toward my apartment.  The Miller’s have a ton of kids ranging from twenty seven to twelve.  That’s crazy to me.  I’m lost in thought of them being grandparents and still have kids in high school, because they chose too. 

“Beth, you should have seen it tonight, it was…”

“Mister, I don’t want to hear it.  I was young once remember.  Been there done that, and I think you are too young for it.” I scold.

Out of the corner of my eye I see him shrug and turn to stare out the window.   Ugh, he can’t make the same mistakes I did.  Placing a hand on his knee, I say softly, “Maxx, I’m just worried, I don’t want anything to happen.”

“Yes, mom.” He mocks rolling his eyes.

I gasp at the words.  Even though he is sarcastic, it makes me withdraw my hand immediately.  I stiffly set it back on the steering wheel and we fall into an eerie silence.
He breaks his silence when I turn to head toward mom’s house, “Beth, please don’t take me home.  Can’t I live with you?  You acknowledge my existence, she doesn't.  I might as well live on my own.”

My heart aches again and I bite the inside of my cheek.  Has the time finally come?  I guess this is as good of a reason as any to let go of Jake.  Maybe it would do us good to be apart for a while.  Rolling my head on my shoulders I try not to cry.  One love for another.

Pulling myself together, I nod, “Okay, I’ll take you with me tonight and I’ll talk to mom in the morning.  We’ll figure this out, but if you do stay with me, no more parties on school nights.  I want you to focus on your studies.”

“I make good grades, Beth, that’s not a problem.”

“I know, but if you applied yourself you could be an A student.  You’d be a triple threat.” I nudge him with my elbow and he looks over to me intrigued. 

“How so?”

“You would be smart, an athlete, and have good looks.  Every girl will want you and every guy will hate you.”   I chuckle when he blushes and looks away.  “These are the best years of your life!  High school is amazing.  Don’t throw it away like I did.”  I snap my mouth shut and pray he doesn't ask me what I meant by that. 

Pulling up outside of my apartment is surreal.  I haven’t been here in months.  Getting out the car I join Maxx on the sidewalk and place my arm around his shoulders pulling him into my side.  I lean my head to rest on his shoulders because even though he is only thirteen he’s taller than me.  He takes after his dad.  “Just promise me something.” I mumble as we walk toward the door.

“What’s that sis?” he swings his arm around me.

“Just be careful.  You know, don’t be a fool; wrap your tool.” 

He stops in mid step and busts out laughing.  Maxx laughs so hard he falls to his knees.  Shaking my head I continue on to the door, unlock it and flip the switch to the living area, leaving the door open behind me for him when he pulls himself together.

The place is musty from being closed up for so long.  I set my purse down on the kitchen counter and open the fridge to see it empty.  Moving over to the sink I fill a glass with water, plop in a few ice cubes from the freezer and make my way back out into the living room.  Maxx finally walks into the room closing the door behind him. 

“Sorry sis, that was just… I am, well I would, if I was, but I haven’t.”

I silently thank God and hand him the glass.  “Go to bed, but grab some Advil on the way from the bathroom.”

He nodded and started for the hall.  Stopping mid step he jogs back to me and plops a kiss on my cheek, “Hey sis, thanks.”

I waited until I heard his door shut before I fell onto the couch with tears falling down my face.  How am I going to do this?




SO?

What did you think?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  Leave a comment below.  

Tune in for the next chapter, February 17th!


ALSO....





2 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is Ky'la Sims and I am an author/blogger. I enjoyed this chapter. I felt like I was being guided into the story and I never felt lost. I enjoyed the dialogue between the siblings and I am eager to know what secret Beth was keeping from her man.

    Blog: http://kmjbookreveals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kyla! I love to get feedback. :) The full book will be releasing March 16th!

      Delete